Missing Jasmin (the flower)

Monday, October 4, 2010
Jasmin is *supposed* to flower in early September, before my birthday. I count on it to provide me with hope and encouragement.

The first time I remember really noticing it was when we moved my (now) Prince into the house next door. We were standing outside in the twilight feeling the hope and optimism of a new move, discussing how life would be better now, when this beautiful scent wafted over from next door. Over the next year I would sniff a thousand flowers trying to discover what it was!
Pity this isn't a scratch-&-sniff website

Last year we moved next door and I finally found the source of the mysterious 'hope' plant! A magnificent bush resides over the fence. So I bought my own plant, hoping to have my own source of hope to nurture.

So far it has disappointed a little. There are NO flowers. There's heaps of flower buds, but they have been sitting there, as buds, for a month! And they don't smell. Other bushes, in other places when I don't have opportunity or time to smell them have flowered. I know, I have seen them.

I was wondering why this particular plant was bothering me so much (after all, I kill heaps of plants every year - and of those that survive, plenty don't flower!) when I realised it's the hope.

This year has been a long and difficult one. I have had my personal successes, but close friends have failed, my Grandmother is seriously ill, my Prince has been struggling and the Black Dog has been visiting everyone it seems. (except me fortunately!)

I feel I'm coping well with the pressure, considering, but I am weary. I could use a smile, a hug or a pretty white flower.

0 comments:

Post a Comment