Housewife Olympics

Wednesday, December 22, 2010



In 2006 I was a vounteer at the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games. I was in the athletes village helping athletes & officials with their transport needs. It was a very positive experience, and I got to go to the closing ceremony, but I lost my interest in large scale sporting 'events'.







This morning, as I was putting the washing on, I realised it's because they're not relevant. The events? They're a little silly. Water polo? Who does that? High jump? It just brings bad bad memories from high school. What we need is to celebrate real achievements.

I, for example, am master of the Pick-up-Discarded-Laundry-with-foot-and-Flick-up-to-Hand event. I'm also very fast at the It's-Raining-Quick-Get-the-Washing race. I'm okay at Cooking-for-coeliacs but am stumped by a new event in our family: low-fructose-cooking.

So what do you think of a Housewife Olympics? Obviously all competition would be in the form of clips uploaded to the net - who has time to go out? - that would just make more work!


What events would you like to watch? What category would you win?


~Stretchy Princess
Gold medalist: Pick-up-Discarded-Laundry-with-foot-and-Flick-up-to-Hand, 2010


The Christmas Rose
Rose: had lovely Christmas dessert last night with my parents & sister. It was short but perfect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the competition open to Home Dads as well ? I'd like to add the "leap across the lounge and grab the 1yr old by the shirt just before his dive off the lounge ends in a full frontal face plant" event.

Stretchy Princess said...

Yes, of course! Sorry 4 my inadvertent sexism! Your event sounds great - I would pay to go see that!

Post a Comment