Spoonie castle

Monday, December 27, 2010

This last week has shown me how much I have set up my life, and my house, to accommodate my M.E./CFS Spoonie-ness.

Over Christmas we spent two nights at my mother-in-law's, and now we are house-sitting in a beautiful place near the beach. It's a magnificent house, but not quite set up for a Spoonie.
from weheartit.com

Some ways I've made our house more Spoonie friendly:
  • washing detergent. I use earth-friendly products, so as not to further poison our waterways. I noticed they don't here when the sheets smelt so strongly of chemicals I had to get out a new Christmas candle! (thx 2 my MIL for the beautiful lavender scent!)
  • high quality sheets. The sheets don't matter so much as the pillowcases. I can't stand rough material on my face.
  • Proper bed. I spent two nights on a trampoline-type sofa bed. No one has ever woken from a sofa-bed and said "gee, I slept well last night". Particularly not a hyper-sensitive Spoonie. I had a 30 minute rant last night about the sofa bed, so I'll spare you and just say I was longing to just roll out the yoga mat & sleep on that!
  • Proper pillow. I have one of those funny shaped memory foam pillows. Sooo good. Handle a good old Spoonie Migraine no worries. Brought this with me, so no worries here.
  • Dog. We get a free holiday here near the beach with the proviso that we walk the dog. There are many things I love about our cat, and one of them is that he doesn't need walking!!
 




Cat please!
 So what do you do to make your life easier? What do you miss on holidays?

Rose: a free holiday in a beautiful house, close to the beach! What more could you want?? =)

1 comments:

Kitty said...

Ooooh I L O V E my memory foam pillow!! I got it for christmas but my Mum gave it to me a few weeks ago so I could try it out, it is the best!!! :-)

Post a Comment