Quotes

Saturday, November 13, 2010
I'm currently reading Living Oprah by Robyn Okrant. It's fabulous, about a woman who decides to do everything Oprah says for a year (2008). Just came across the best quote:

  • "I say we should all just toss our underwear at each other, without discrimination, or stop doing it altogether." 


Okrant, R. 2009. Living Oprah. Sydney:HarperCollinsPublishers


(she's referring to how people throw underwear at famous people, but not those who aren't celebrities.)

    Anyway, it made me start thinking about some of my favourite quotes. In highschool I liked
    • Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.
    Whereas the latest quote I've copied out is from Mother Teresa where she says
    • We ourselves know that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean, but the ocean is less because of that missing drop
    I find that hugely encouraging, I tend to get overwhelmed at the injustices and pain in the world & want to give up. This spurs me forward.

    What are your favourite quotes?


      0 comments:

      Post a Comment