I'm a real housewife now! =)

Wednesday, January 19, 2011
This was my breakfast this morning:

That's right, fresh cut bread and home-made apricot jam. YUM!

I feel like a proper housewife because this week I made apricot jam (jelly for the Americans among us). It really is simple, just 1kg sugar to 1kg fruit then cook slowly on low heat. It just takes *hours*. For some reason though, jam to me is the measure of success as a housewife. I just feel so 'proper' standing in an apron & stirring. Why? I have no idea. We really don't eat jam that much (unless it's apricot!). And surely success as a housewife would be measured by what? a happy husband? a comfy home? Doing the best I can? Hmm... Will have to think about that more.

Unfortunately I have been flaring since I made it. :( The Prince woke me up this morning by putting a piece of bread-&-jam under my nose until I worked out what it was & woke up to eat it! Pretty good wakeup I reckon!

So what's your greatest success? What makes you feel like you're succeeding?

2 comments:

Myrissa said...

I've just newly joined the rank of housewife and I have to agree that accomplishing the littlest things make me feel accomplished. Granted, that making jam/jelly is a lot of work :) but I know what you mean!

Stretchy Princess said...

I found it really funny how my expectations of myself changed as soon as I got married. Suddenly I needed to be able to make jam, keep a perfect house and sew!

Congrats on your marriage!

Post a Comment